Case Study: Legal – 7 sites
“…After substantial impact on ability to conduct business as effectively as the firm deemed appropriate after the widespread outages and destruction caused by Superstorm Sandy, Crystal designed and implemented a solution assuring Business Continuity for Voice and Data in the event of similar natural disasters…”
- A large legal firm, heavily depends on the ability to make and receive phone calls. Any risk of interruptions to this ability to conduct business had to be virtually eliminated.
- In the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy, voice services at the largest office were interrupted for 5 days even after major utilities to the office building had been restored.
- The business required a more resilient voice and data solution that would minimize the risk of this type of business interruption at any office.
- Costs for improved Business Continuity needed to stay within budget.
- Crystal designed a network solution that provided the business continuity requirements.
- An RFI was produced and managed by Crystal to help the firm select a redundant data provider, who was also able to provide SIP trunking diversity as designed.
- Replacing traditional PRIs and POTs services with SIP trunking enabled multiple call paths to and from the SIP provider, and multiple call paths from the SIP provider to the PSTN.
- Crystal worked with facilities management at the office buildings, facilities engineering at existing data providers, and facilities engineering at new providers to ensure that access was diverse back to the carriers’ Central Offices.
- Crystal Care for Connectivity guided and managed the firm through the procurement, implementation, and support of the solution.
BENEFITS AND RESULTS:
- Stayed under budget.
- The firm’s voice and data networks now have the Business Continuity elements to support multiple concurrent failures both within the firm’s infrastructure and the providers’ networks.
- Connectivity – SIP Trunking
- Connectivity – MPLS
- Crystal Care for Connectivity